Sexual and Relationship Violence Support Services Internship Program is open to undergraduate and graduate level students. The internship program will provide students with hands-on experience in a supportive environment and can be adjusted to meet their academic focus. Students will gain experience in social justice issues related to gender equity, leadership, health and gender-based discrimination and power-based personal violence (sexual assault, interpersonal violence and stalking).
Internships opportunities include:
Program planning and development (educational, awareness and prevention based)
- Fall Programs: Take Back the Night, Clothesline Project, Dating Abuse Awareness Month
- Spring Programs: Walk a Mile, Sexual Assault Awareness Month, Stalking Awareness Month
- Bystander education and awareness (Green Dot)
Social justice initiatives (theme based)
- Sexual Violence, Intimate Partner Violence, Bystander Action,
- Peer Education (Escalation Workshop)
- Marketing & public relations (social media, web-based and written communication)
- Graphic design
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis with priority given according the the timeline below.
|Semester of Internship||Begin Reviewing Applications|
|Fall Semester||March 15|
|Spring Semester||October 1|
Please complete the application and we will be in touch based on your semester preference.