Campus Partner Resources
Although University Communications and Marketing can fulfill most of your integrated marketing needs, other valuable services are available from these additional university partners:
Location: 131 Moulton Hall
Educational Technology provides technological and pedagogical support for teaching, research and service and provides instructional design, digital video and graphics production and programming for university-wide new media initiatives. The center promotes computer literacy and expertise at Kent State University by providing hands-on group instruction in emerging technologies to faculty. Workshop topics include basic software applications such as WebCT, Dreamweaver and Excel, as well as more advanced topics in cooperation with the Faculty Professional Development Center.
Email: Kristin Dowling, Business Development Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: 138 E. Main St., Ste. 203, Kent, OH 44240
IdeaBase is a student-run, full-service integrated marketing communications firm located in downtown Kent. The firm works with a mix of local, regional, national and global clients.
IdeaBase offer hands-on experience that prepares students for lifelong success. The firm is essentially a stepping stone from the college experience to a full-time career in the field. Student employees learn to meet and exceed the dynamic demands of clients and managers on a regular basis. They work on real campaigns for real clients.
We partner with clients to build comprehensive integrated marketing communications ranging from multimedia brand awareness programs to target-specific new product projects. Our capabilities include but are not limited to:
- Strategic marketing planning
- Market research
- Concepts and design for ads, brochures, direct mail, logos and identity development
- Broadcast including radio and television spots
- Web design/redesign and implementation
- Media planning and placement
- Public relations and media relations
In addition, we are fortunate to be a part of a thriving university with amazing resources and would welcome the opportunity to integrate some of the university's unique marketing tools such as usability computer test lab (ScanPath), state-of-the-art focus group suite and experienced TeleProductions crew and equipment.
Location: 221 White Hall
The Instructional Resource Center:
- provides and maintains digital connectivity for all College of Education, Health and Human Services faculty, staff and students;
- provides resources and leadership to support faculty development of new applications of technology; provides support for distance learning, including video conferencing and web-based instruction;
- provides support services to other programs in the college preparing educators for non-school settings; provides liaisons with the University Library and other technology units and participate with these units in planning and using new technological capabilities;
- provides exemplary programs of the media services as a model for schools and other institutions.
Email: Tami Cindea Bongiorni, Assistant Director, email@example.com
Location: 205 Franklin Hall, 550 Hilltop Drive, Kent, Ohio 44242
Kent State Student Media makes the connections you need. Whether you are a student searching for an authentic media experience, a community member seeking to share your story, or you simply want quality news, information and entertainment, we deliver for you across 34 outlets through print, digital, broadcast and social media.
We now are more than 700 students working with 10 independent Student Media partners who create unique content distributed across 34 outlets on broadcast, print and platforms. Our students are supported in their efforts by a strong fabric of faculty advisers, professional staff, university support and, of course, financial support from the students of Kent State University.
Student Media’s work includes, but is not limited to:
- News via print, digital and broadcast
- Campus and City Information
- Advertising within ten media partners on-campus
- Production Services: Video, Photography, Design
- Street Team & Marketing Services
- Event coverage & live-event streaming
- Mobile DJ Services
Audio Visual presentation, television and computer equipment, materials, media, production services and support available at the Circulation Desk on the first floor of the University Library.
Location: First floor University Library
Location: C-105 Music and Speech Center, 1325 Theatre Drive
Mark Warzinski, Production Manager of Technology and TeleProductions, firstname.lastname@example.org
TeleProductions is a full-service video production facility that provides the university and surrounding community with a wide range of media production services and award-winning creative, technical, and instructional assistance and support.
TeleProductions hires students to work as production assistants, giving them the opportunity to write, edit, produce, and work on many projects giving them unique opportunities not found in the classroom. TeleProductions also offers production training for students every Friday from 2pm-5pm throughout the semester. Every major is welcome, and interested parties should contact Mark Warzinski at email@example.com.
TeleProductions' work includes, but is not limited to:
- Live production of university events
- Marketing and promotional videos
- Mid-American Conference (MAC) football and basketball games for ESPN and other networks
- Custom graphics and animations
- Classroom video production, distance learning
- Engineering and custom designed video learning centers
- Media Training
- Live web streaming
- Live remote broadcast productions with the new high-definition satellite uplink/production truck
In addition, TeleProductions facilities include: a broadcast television studio, a master control area for DVD duplication, video uploading to the internet, edit suites, and graphic suites.