Marketing Communications Awards
AMERICAN ADVERTISING FEDERATION - AKRON – ADDY AWARDS
The American Advertising Federation – Akron is affiliated with, the nation’s largest and oldest advertising trade association, with more than 40,000 members working as a unifying voice for advertising, committed to making advertising a positive force in America’s economy and culture.
The Akron chapter has a long, rich history in the region and receives several hundred entries to its annual Addys award competition each year. Entries from Kent State been honored with Addys in years past and our entries earned two awards in 2022.
AVA DIGITAL AWARDS
This international competition recognizes excellence by creative professionals responsible for the planning, concept, direction, design, and production of digital communication. The work judged in the AVA Digital Awards competition ranges from digital campaigns – to audio and video production – to website development – to social media engagement – to mobile marketing.
Each year, the AVA Awards competition receives more than 2,500 entries, and in 2022, Kent State earned three of its top awards.
- 2022 PLATINUM Award – “Flashes Safe Eight” Video Series and Graphics for Social Media Posts
- 2022 PLATINUM Award – Kent State Magazine Fall/Winter 2020-2021 “Black Lives Matter” Issue
- 2022 GOLD Award – “Flashes Safe Eight” Video Series
- 2022 HONORABLE MENTION – “Virtual ‘KSU Kickoff ‘Interactive Black Squirrel’”
EDUCATION DIGITAL MARKETING AWARDS
Recognizing the best educational websites, digital content, electronic communications, mobile media and social media the Education Digital Marketing Awards gives institutions the opportunity to test their programs and content against the best in the country. A national panel of industry specialists reviews each piece; judging creativity, marketing execution, message impact, technology application and innovative content.
Each year, the Education Digital Marketing awards receives several thousand entries from educational institutions in the U.S. Kent State is honored to have our work recognized with three awards.
- 2022 BRONZE Award – Kent State Magazine Fall/Winter 2020-2021 “Black Lives Matter” Issue
- 2022 BRONZE Award – Admissions Website Redesign
- 2022 BRONZE Award - “Virtual ‘KSU Kickoff ‘Interactive Black Squirrel’”
EDUCATIONAL ADVERTISING AWARDS
For nearly 40 years, the Educational Advertising Awards competition has given advertising and marketing professionals across the country the opportunity to have their best work reviewed by industry specialists for creativity, marketing execution and message impact.
In 2022, Kent State’s entries to the competition were selected from among several thousand submissions to receive top honors.
- 2022 GOLD Award – “Clouds Meet Cap” Airport Installation”
- 2022 SILVER Award – 2021 Kent State Viewbook
- 2022 MERIT Award – “Kent State Magazine Spring/Summer 2020 “May 4 50th Anniversary Issue”
One of the world’s largest and most respected competitions, the MarCom Awards honor excellence in marketing and communication by recognizing the creativity, hard work and generosity of industry professionals.
Each year, the MarCom Awards receive about 6.500 print and digital entries from around the world, and Kent State was honored to receive recognition, including top honors, for eight of our submissions.
- 2022 PLATINUM Award– Kent State Magazine Fall/Winter 2020-2021 “Black Lives Matter” E-magazine Issue
- 2022 PLATINUM Award– “Kent State Magazine Spring/Summer 2020 “May 4 50th Anniversary Issue”
- 2022 GOLD Award– “Flashes Safe Eight” Video Series and Graphics for Social Media Posts
- 2022 GOLD Award– Kent State Magazine Fall/Winter 2020-2021 “Black Lives Matter” Print Issue
- 2022 GOLD Award“ - Flashes Safe Eight” Video Series
- 2022 HONORABLE MENTION – 2020 Kent State Viewbook
- 2022 HONORABLE MENTION - “Virtual ‘KSU Kickoff’ Interactive Black Squirrel’”
- 2022 HONORABLE MENTION – “First-Year Students ’K’ Formation Time-lapse Video
- 2022 HONORABLE MENTION – Admissions Website Redesign
PRNEWS DIGITAL & SOCIAL MEDIA AWARDS
Drawing from a worldwide community of communicators and marketers from corporations, agencies and nonprofits, the PRNEWS Awards recognize people, organizations and brands that “challenge assumptions and embrace the seemingly impossible-to-create winning campaigns.”
- 2022 WINNER IN CATEGORY – Admissions Website Redesign
- 2022 HONORABLE MENTION – “Todd Tries It” Video Series
- 2022 HONORABLE MENTION – “KSU Employee Spotlight” Video
The Viddy Awards is one of the oldest, largest and most respected awards programs in the video industry, honoring excellence in the way videos are created, produced and delivered in a digital world. Each year, the Viddy Awards attract the most prestigious businesses, production companies, agencies, broadcasters and individual video producers from more than100 countries around the world.
Kent State’s submissions were selected for awards from nearly 1,300 entries in the Viddy Awards spring competition.