Flash Communications is operated by the School of Media and Journalism and the Division of University Communications and Marketing. This public relations opportunity provides students with a strong link between the classroom and a professional organization. This real-world experience gives our students strong portfolios and backgrounds with a competitive edge.
Since September 2003, students have gained hands-on experience in every aspect of public relations and marketing communications as well as paving the way for a new wave of integrated communication. Flash Communications has been recognized nationally with one of two silver medals awarded in 2004 by the Council for Advancement and Support of Education.
While working side by side with public relations and marketing professionals, Flash Communications students complete ongoing agency projects such as:
- Researching, editing, writing stories and creating videos for the Kent State Today website and email, the Kent State Magazine, the Alumni Association's eFlash, Wick Poetry Center, School of Media and Journalism, Faculty/Staff News Now, and the Kent State Website, to name a few.
- Coordinating various electronic communications
- Staffing various university events
- Planning and implementing internal and external communications on and off campus
- Writing and coordinating the production of newsletters
For more information about Flash Communications, contact Luke Armour at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-672-8515. The student assistant can be reached by calling 330-672-9779.