Flash Communications is operated by the School of Journalism and Mass Communication and the Office of University Communications and Marketing. The public relations internship program provides students a strong link between the classroom and a professional organization. This real-world experience gives our students strong portfolios and backgrounds with a competitive edge.
Since September 2003, students are gaining hands-on experience in every aspect of public relations and marketing communications as well as paving the way for a new wave of integrated communication. Flash Communications has been recognized nationally with one of two silver medals awarded in 2004 by the Council for Advancement and Support of Education.
While working side by side with public relations and marketing professionals, Flash Communications students complete ongoing agency projects such as:
- Planning and implementing internal and external communications on and off campus
- Writing and coordinating production of newsletters
- Researching, editing and writing stories for Kent State Today, the Kent State Magazine, the Alumni Association's eFlash, Wick Poetry Center, School of Journalism and Mass Communication, Division of Human Resources, and the Kent State Website, to name a few.
- Coordinating various electronic communications
- Staffing various university events
For more information about Flash Communications, contact Luke Armour at email@example.com or 330-672-8515. The student assistant can be reached by calling 330-672-9776.