FOREVER BRIGHTER: Ashtabula Giving Tuesday Celebration Launches
The month of November provides an opportunity for our support of Kent State Ashtabula students to go even further. Giving Tuesday is Kent State’s most generous annual tradition. In 2021, Giving Tuesday will shine even more brilliantly as each of the featured funds support Forever Brighter, Kent State’s recently announced, $350 million comprehensive fundraising campaign, which is the most ambitious campaign in university history.
This year, Kent State Ashtabula’s featured fund is the Library Transformation Project, focused on creating a flexible, adaptive and accessible space in our Library and Academic Success Center. This project is crucial to stay relevant and meet the changing needs of the student academic community. The campus library was first constructed nearly 50 years ago and was last renovated in the early 2000s. It no longer can accommodate the learning and research needs of students, faculty, staff and visitors.
Our goal is to transform the library into a modern academic resource center and establish a hub at the center – the heart – of campus. And to provide a space for Kent State Ashtabula students to actively learn and collaborate their pursuits and passions.
As in years past, our Giving Tuesday campaign is a month-long celebration leading up to the official, worldwide day of giving on Tuesday, Nov. 30, 2021. Kent State’s Giving Tuesday began Nov. 1 and will run through 11:59 p.m. on Nov. 30. Extending Giving Tuesday for the entire month of November provides us all with an expanded time frame to have our gifts matched and to take advantage of additional giving options.
How Giving Tuesday increases the impact of your gift:
- For every 20 unique donors who give $25 or more to a Giving Tuesday featured fund from Nov. 1-29, that fund will earn a $500 participation boost.
- The Library Transformation featured fund has a matching gift available, so you can double your gift’s impact throughout the entire month (while matching funds last).
- A crowdfunding feature provides an opportunity for faculty, staff, students, alumni and other supporters to create individual peer-to-peer fundraising pages for the cause of their choice.
- Additional incentives* that can also increase the impact of your gift will be announced throughout the month, leading up to Giving Tuesday proper on Nov. 30, when the Kent State University Foundation sets aside $100,000 to match donors, dollar-for-dollar, on gifts up to $1,000 made to any foundation fund.
- Again this year, members of Kent State’s Board of Trustees, Foundation Board, Campaign Executive Committee, Alumni Board and President’s Cabinet have generously pledged their private support to encourage participation from the entire university community. Their gifts, which total nearly $60,000, will be used to fund the creative incentives that make Kent State’s Giving Tuesday campaign so impactful.
- Every donor who gives $100 or more throughout the month of Giving Tuesday will receive an exclusive Forever Brighter lapel pin.
In each of the previous three campaigns, we have exceeded our goal to create transformative spaces, like the Main Hall B Wing and Auditorium, and programs like Rising Scholars, which provides opportunities and mentoring for achieving but underprivileged middle school and high school students in our community.
Come together with fellow university employees, alumni, students and friends as we continue to support our students and their bright futures. Outright gifts or payroll deductions can be made. More information on the Library Transformation project can be found at https://flashes.givetokent.org/campaign/ashtabula-library-renovation-fund-giving-tuesday-2021/c370984?c_src=GT2021Main or by clicking the link below.