Eligibility and Time Available
The following categories of University Libraries faculty are eligible to use research time. Research time shall not carry over from one fiscal year to the next. At the end of a given fiscal year, research time not used is forfeited
MAXIMUM HOURS OF RESEARCH TIME AVAILABLE PER FISCAL YEAR
1. Full-time tenured or tenure-track Faculty.
200 hours; time prorated in the first
year for those hired after July 1
2. Full-time tenured or tenure-track administrator with faculty rank.
3. Those in categories 1 or 2 on 136-day or one semester of professional improvement leave.
50 percent of normally allotted time
4. Those in categories 1 or 2 on a 272-day or two semester of professional improvement leave.
No research time for that year
5. Those in categories 1 or 2 on other types of authorized leave (i.e., University Child Care Leave, Family Medical Leave Act, leave without pay), excluding sick leave.
Hours reduced proportionately (e.g. Taking 12 weeks of University Child Care Leave would proportionally reduce Research Time to 150 hours for that year)