International Student Resources Guide
We've put together a quick guide for all incoming international students to help you stay organized and ensure you follow all the necessary steps before arriving at Kent State University.
How to Make an Online Payment (Single Payment)
- You can pay via the Online Payment Center using eChecks or a Credit Card.
- Visit Payment Options for additional information.
- Follow these Step-by-Step Instructions.
- Find important semester due dates and deadlines on our Billing & Payment Information page.
Monthly Payment Options
Educational expenses can be easier to manage when spread over predictable monthly payments. The payment plan has an enrollment fee of $55 per semester.
- Visit Monthly Payment Plan Options for additional information.
As an international student, you are qualified for many of the Kent State scholarships.
- Visit International Students Scholarships Resources to find financial aid opportunities.
Flash Books is designed to bring electronic content to students at a significantly lower cost than the traditional paper copies of the book. By default, students are opted into this digital content. If a student decides they do not want their required course material to be delivered in this low cost format, then they have the option to Opt-Out. The opt-out process for the course materials is done through Blackboard Learn.
- Visit Flashbooks for more information.
International students who have a full financial sponsorship of a government agency including health insurance must submit a copy of their financial guarantee to the One Stop for Student Services.
Any international student may request a Hard Waiver of this fee if they meet one of these two conditions:
- The student provides proof of full sponsorship by a government agency including health insurance;
- Or the student provides proof of health insurance provided by a United States employer.
Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) is mandatory for international students unless you meet one of the two exemptions above.
See our University Policy regarding international students' health insurance requirements.
Legal Services Fee
Every semester, a $10 Legal Service Fee is charged to your account and is not paid with financial guarantees. This fee focuses on assisting students with legal issues which may impact their ability to complete their education, but do not involve the university. Examples would be landlord issues, criminal cases, etc.
Students can opt-out each semester but that is not recommended. Follow these instructions to opt-out of the fee:
- Students should log into their FlashLine account through www.kent.edu.
- Select Student/Finances/Tuition and Payments.
- Select “Legal Services Fee Information & Opt-out”.