International Students - Immunization Requirements
International students, regardless of age, are required to submit additional information.
Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) Requirements
Current KSU immunization policy requires that international students from a specific group of countries who are attending the Kent campus must provide proof of the following immunizations:
- Documentation of two MMR vaccines given after one year of age and separated by at least one month (or)
- Documentation of immunity as demonstrated by titers.
All students born before January 1957 are exempt from the MMR requirement.
Tuberculosis (TB) Requirement
- Students from the following high risk countries are required to have a tuberculosis screening test (TB test – Mantoux type ):
- Aruba, Angola, Bangladesh, Brazil, Cambodia, Congo Brazzaville, Congo-Kinshasa, China, Central African Republic, Ethiopia, Indonesia, India, Kenya, North Korea, Liberia, Lesotho, Myanmar, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Russian Federation, South Africa, Sierra Leone, Thailand, Tanzania, Vietnam, Namibia, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- High risk countries have > 20 cases per 100,000 population
- This test must be completed and results submitted to Med+Proctor within 12 months prior to starting classes
Methods of Documentation
All documentation must contain name and birthdate.
- Download the international student immunization certificate from Med+Proctor for your healthcare provider to complete (or)
- Request a copy of the records from your physician or school high school and upload to Med+Proctor (or)
- Upload to Med+Proctor an image from the page from your Immunization book containing MMR dates