Our Help Desk is available to support students and faculty with Canvas, 24x7.
Call 330-672-HELP (4357).
Chat with Canvas Support
- Students/faculty currently enrolled in a KSU-Canvas course, log in to Canvas.
- Click the Help button
- Choose Chat with Canvas Support (Student) or Chat with Canvas Support (Faculty)
University Libraries can help support your online courses in several ways:
- Registering online learners for Distance Learner Book Delivery
- Consulting on needed information resources
- Connecting to online research consultation and reference support services
- Embedding a librarian in your course
- Creating online library instructional presentations
- Integrating library instructional tutorials and quizzes
- Setting up Ares Course Reserves
- Copyright services (see full description below on this page)
See our Distance Learning support page
LibGuides is a content management system used by University Libraries to curate knowledge and share information through online guides on specific subject areas, courses, useful resources, and general information portals. Please see the links below to LibGuides specifically related to developing online course materials.
For more information, contact your subject librarian:
University Libraries Copyright Services locates copyright owners and provides clearance services for third-party copyrighted materials for use in a variety of projects and endeavors, including:
- Teaching and learning
- Presentation and poster sessions
- Publication in books, dissertations, journal articles, multimedia, and other projects
- Institutional repositories, including the Digital Commons @ Kent State University.
Copyright Services can help you with copyright clearances for materials of all types, including:
- Text, including articles, chapters, poetry, and lyrics
Copyright Services provides:
- Instructional sessions for faculty, staff, and students
- Informational responses to your questions and concerns
See our resources:
For an appointment, contact:
Head, Copyright and Document Services
Student Accessibility Services provides Kent State students with disabilities equal opportunity to participate in, contribute to, and benefit from all university programs, services, and activities. Faculty, as members of the university, are required by federal law to provide reasonable accommodations to students with disabilities. "Reasonable" may seem like a fairly vague term, and if you are unsure whether something a student is requesting is reasonable, please contact SAS for consultation.
The office of Student Accessibility Services provides faculty with the following resources and services:
- Accessibility Checklist for Faculty
- Accessible Document Resources
- Exam/Quiz Proctor Sheet
- Syllabus Statement about Accessibility
- Providing Accommodations and Instructor Responsibilities
For an appointment contact:
Student Accessibility Services
University Library, Suite 100 (1st floor, just past the elevators)
P.O. Box 5190
Kent, Ohio 44242-0001
Kent State Online provides assistance with proctored testing for online courses, those coded in Banner as V1, V2, or V3 (100% online, 100% online with set meeting times, and at least 50% online, respectively).