Solo Piano and Collaborative Piano
- Four works representing at least three different style periods, including a complete Classical Sonata.
- All selections composed prior to 1950 should be memorized.
- Sight-reading may be included.
- Two memorized solo works of contrasting style (sonata movement(s) acceptable).
- Two contrasting movements from two different major instrumental sonatas. Examples include Beethoven Violin or Cello Sonatas, any Sonata by Brahms, major works from the impressionistic era, any Sonata by Bartok, Hindemith, Poulenc, Prokofiev or Shostakovich.
- One song by composers such as Schubert, Schumann, Brahms, Wolf, Liszt, Faure, Debussy, Duparc or Rachmaninoff. (Singer may be provided by the school, if available).
- One aria by composers such as Mozart, Puccini, Verdi, Berlioz, or another major operatic composer. (Singer may be provided by the school, if available).
- Scales and all major and minor keys (4 octaves).
- Two sight-reading examples, one of which may include part-writing.
To confirm that your audition repertoire is acceptable, please contact Dr. Donna Lee, Coordinator of Piano, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-672-9241.