Parking Services is a self-supporting, auxiliary service of Kent State University. Parking Services does not receive financial support from the university or the state of Ohio. The Parking Services operating budget is derived from income generated through student and employee permit sales, visitor parking fees, parking fines, and special event parking. Income is used for the operation of Parking Services, the maintenance and improvement of existing parking areas, and the construction of additional parking areas.
Annual Operating Budget:
Parking Services offers a variety of permit options with different price points that address specific parking needs. In addition, continuous parking lot surveys are performed to assess lot capacity. If space is available, permits are offered for sale on a continuous basis throughout the year. This assures maximum use of available parking spaces.
Parking Services is responsible for coordinating and managing parking and/or traffic flow for a number of campus events and works closely with other university departments and the surrounding community to provide orderly parking.
The assignment and distribution of parking permits, along with related parking enforcement, are intended to maintain orderly parking for the entire university community. Parking Services strives to be flexible and responsive to the needs of the campus community.
Parking illegally may result in parking tickets, booting and/or towing of your vehicle, and loss of your parking privileges on campus. If you receive a ticket, do not ignore it. Read and follow the instructions on the ticket envelope for payment options and appeals.
- Kent Campus student enrollment: 27,143 (Fall 2018)
- Faculty/Staff: approximately 4000 on the Kent Campus
- Number of surface lots: 70
- Total parking spaces: approximately 11,500
- Student parking spaces: approximately 7,000
- Total visitor's parking spaces: approximately 700 (including the Student Center Visitor lot and meters)
- Student Center visitor's lot: 300 Spaces
- Handicap spaces: approximately 300
- Metered spaces (accepts credit cards): 290