The Curriculum Committee shall be composed of all full-time TT and full-time NTT faculty. The Chair of the Curriculum Committee will be appointed by the FAC yearly and will serve as the Department’s representative to the College of Arts and Sciences Curriculum Committee. Upon vote of the faculty, a number of graduate assistants and Department’s majors and minors may be selected to become members of this Committee. The Curriculum Committee is the primary advisory and recommendatory body to the Departmental Chairperson on those academic matters which are central to the Department’s mission. These matters include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- long-range academic planning for the Department; overall curricular planning and policies;
- minimizing proliferation and duplication of courses;
- sequencing of course offerings; maximizing course variety through Special Topics and workshop offerings;
- coordination of curricular changes;
- reviewing for approval proposed new courses or altered academic programs within the Department;
- recommending to the Chairperson action on all matters involving the Department’s curriculum and educational objectives as reflected by the curriculum.