Enhancing Academic Excellence and Innovation
Academic Affairs must be known for, and identified with, academic excellence and innovation. In short, this means we will strive to become a 21st century model for teaching through discovery, creation, application, and the dissemination of knowledge, while also fostering ethical and humanitarian values in the service of Ohio, the nation, and the global community. The prevailing institutional culture demands excellence in all academic endeavors, encouraging distinction in instruction and eminence in research and creative activities. Academic excellence and innovation require a state-of-the-art infrastructure, financial investment in academic priorities, and a talented and motivated faculty and staff.
To view the narratives which serve as examples of how Academic Affairs is "Enhancing Academic Excellence and Innovation," choose from the categories below:
- Strategy 1: Ensure a robust culture of instruction that fosters critical thinking.
- Strategy 2: Restructure course content and delivery methods to meet the needs of 21st century students.
- Strategy 3: Expand the number of profession-based degree or certificate programs and increase students' opportunities to be engaged in model work experiences through them.
- Strategy 4: Expand interdisciplinary programs and courses.
- Strategy 5: Recognize and promote innovative teaching methods and strategies.
- Strategy 6: Promote the development of strategic and effective distance learning options.
- Strategy 7: Fulfill diversity hiring goals developed by the Division of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.