Expanding Breakthrough Research and Creative Endeavors
Academic Affairs at Kent State University promotes the creation and dissemination of knowledge. Our scholarly work informs our teaching, and students deserve to learn from faculty who are at the forefront of discovery in their fields. Whether scholarly activity is defined as research publications and external funding, or developing new creative works, Kent State University faculty will strive for excellence in all disciplines. External entities have ranked Kent State as an important public research university.
In order for us to expand our research and scholarly achievement, and to solidify our reputation as a national public research university, we embrace the following strategies, supported by narratives to show that we at Kent State are indeed "Expanding Breakthrough Research and Creative Endeavors:"
- Strategy 1: Support and enhance a more comprehensive culture of scholarship in the university.
- Strategy 2: Require continual research and creative achievement for reappointment, tenure, and promotion as relevant to faculty members' collective bargaining status and campus expectations.
- Strategy 3: Promote, recognize, and reward outstanding peer-reviewed research and creative activity and the scholarship of teaching.
- Strategy 4: Redistribute internal resources to better support faculty members who are engaged in research and creative activities.
- Strategy 5: Enhance engagement with social agencies, industry, and economic development organizations in order to create research relationships leading to technology development and products.
- Strategy 6: Develop a culture of undergraduate research and creative activity in the university.