Another core component of any website includes its footer. Research has established the value of this content area. Because of current best practices and trends, Kent State University has adopted a “fat footer” format, which will help enhance search results for end users.
The university’s baseline template footers include the following elements:
- College/Program/Department full name
- If department website belongs to another group (e.g., School of Art within the College of the Arts), the parent department's name will appear, as a link, under the current department's name.
- Vertical quick links in white text, if desired
- Maximum of eight
- If more than five are used the lower ones are often overlooked
- Social media and “more” icon for all social media outlets
- Phone number
- Physical address
- Mailing address
- Kent State logo (with link to www.kent.edu)
- Global information links
- Copyright information
- SEO meta data