IT’S TONIGHT - SOFT CONTENT FREEZE STARTS
As the holiday break approaches, your Drupal 9 transition team remains hard at work. Thank you to those of you who participated in our recent user validation sessions. Those findings enabled us to make many project improvements.
As a result, the project will follow these next steps.
Soft Content Freeze Returns TONIGHT
- The soft content freeze starts Nov. 30 at midnight.
- We apologize for the short notice. Please know this is because we are striving to launch Dec. 11 while website traffic is lower than normal.
- Remember, you can still make critical changes. However, you will need to make those changes a second time after the Dec. 11 launch.
- As a result, please keep a log of changes you make between now and Dec. 11 so that you can replicate them more quickly after we launch.
- There may be a full outage or an inability to edit on Dec. 11 from 5 a.m. to noon.
What to Know When Drupal 9 (D9) Arrives Dec. 11:
- Because of this project's complexity, not all issues will be resolved before the Kent State website launch in D9.
- To report issues, please go to www.kent.edu/websupport.
- Scan the list of known issues. We will have a list of items we are aware of and working on posted. If your issue is on that list, PLEASE DO NOT REPORT IT AGAIN.
- Multiple reports of the same issue will delay our ability to triage additional issues.
- If your issue is not on the known issues list, submit a support ticket by clicking the “Submit a Support Ticket” button.
- We will work as quickly as we can to resolve all known and reported issues.
- Continue to watch the listserv for additional updates.
- Replicate any necessary changes on Dec. 11 after a time we will announce closer to launch date.
Please email Lin Danes with any questions. She can help triage your inquiry with the team to find the answer you need.
Thank you, once again, for your patience and cooperation.
Amy Balsinger, Applications Developer
Jared Boehm, Senior Manager, IT
Lin Danes, Director of Web Services
Rob DiVincenzo, Senior Applications Developer
Doug Flower, Digital Accessibility Specialist, DoIT
Tyrone Fontaine, Web Designer
Alison Haynes, Digital Accessibility Compliance Coordinator, DoIT
Alex Herbers, Web Designer
Eddie Lampert, Student Web Support Specialist
Tim Priester, Web Designer & Services Lead
Michael Selinksy, Student Web Support Specialist
Sara Smith, Digital Strategist and Technologist