February 2015 SMAC Newsletter
The Social Media Action Committee (SMAC) has launched.
- To keep the size manageable, and to establish the best size, we have decided to launch with a pilot committee.
Kick-Off Meeting Update
- SMAC started discussing major topics on Feb. 17, including Snapchat, Yik Yak and using social media to reach target audiences.
Kent State will be launching an institutional Snapchat account on Wednesday, March 11. All Kent State social media users should embrace, use and leverage this account vs. creating departmental accounts. We can customize content by adding events/promotions/contest to our “stories” and by creating custom geofilters. Having one institutional account will help increase our visibility and develop a larger following.
Upcoming training information
- The upcoming training sessions will cover Instagram Basics.
- Register for one of the two sessions (dates and times below):
- Both sessions will be held in room 333 in the library (Kent Campus).
- Monday, April 13 from 2-3 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 14 from 9-10 a.m.
Recent Training Recaps
- You can find the PowerPoint from the Feb. 10 and 11 training sessions.
Call for Upcoming Campaigns
- If you have upcoming campaigns that you would like the Kent State social media community to know about, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in this bi-monthly e-newsletter.
- Recent Campaign: Super Bowl XLIX -- Alumni, Athletics and UCM collaboration
Headlines & Trending Topics
- Join the conversation about social media in higher education on Twitter!
- Use #HESM in your tweets.