CCP Placement Testing
College Admissions Eligibility
The state recently passed new eligibility guidelines that allows high school students to be determined eligible for CCP with test scores or their high school GPA. Please see the new eligibility rule here: 3333-1-65$14_PH_FF_N_RU_20220203_1631.pdf (state.oh.us)
As part of the new criteria, students can meet eligibility three different ways:
(a) obtain a remediation free score on one of the placement assessments
(b) has a high school cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0
(c) has a cumulative unweighted high school grade point average of at least 2.75 but less than 3.00 and received an "A" or "B" grade in a relevant high school course.
Middle school students must take the Accuplacer Placement Test to determine college readiness.
Students who wish to take courses in mathematics or take courses that have a mathematics prerequisite will also be required to complete the university’s ALEKS math placement assessment to determine college readiness in mathematics.
Please contact Irene Skleres for more information and to schedule an Accuplacer Placement Test at 440-964-4565.
Placement Testing FAQ's
What is Placement Testing?
- ACCUPLACER Reading and Writing is a comprehensive, self-paced computer testing program that help place students into appropriate courses and maximizes the information colleges need to insure student success.
- Your test results are used by the Admissions Counselor to determine eligibility into the College Credit Plus Program, Academic Advisors to use placement exam scores to determine proper course placement.
Do I need to take Placement Testing?
- If you are a middle school student and have not completed an ACT or SAT and would like to take College Credit Plus courses, you will need to take an Accuplacer placement exam.
- If you are a high school student and do not have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher and have not completed an ACT or SAT and would like to take College Credit Plus courses, you will need to take an Accuplacer placement exam.
How long will Placement Testing take?
- ACCUPLACER Reading and Writing may take up to 60 minutes to complete. Allow yourself 2-3 hours total to complete your exam.
Does Placement Testing cost anything?
- ACCUPLACER is administered at no charge.
How can I prepare?
- Preparation materials for all of our placement tests are available online to help you show your highest potential. To find materials for the ACCUPLACER Reading and Writing Assessments, take advantage of our ACCUPLACER Practice materials.