The Kent Blossom Music Festival is an advanced training institute for professional music training operated by Kent State University in cooperation with The Cleveland Orchestra and Blossom Music Center presenting public performances by distinguished artist faculty and talented young musicians.
A key to musical success
A Blossom summer is an unparalleled experience for advanced performance opportunities. Over 2,300 alumni have shared the Blossom experience since 1968 and propelled many into major artistic positions including 20 current members of The Cleveland Orchestra, 17 in the Atlanta Symphony in addition to the New York Philharmonic, Boston Symphony, Philadelphia Orchestra along with the Emerson, Miami, Borromeo, Ariana, Grancino and Euclid Quartets, just to mention a few.
KBMF is a rare environment, where you will find everything you need"
"to emerge a much more complete musician
Barbara Leibundguth, KBMF Alumnus -
Students will gain invaluable insight and experience as they are mentored by these artists in chamber music, orchestral repertoire and private lessons.
The Kent Blossom Music Festival emphasizes the intensive study of chamber music under professional artistic standards and time frames. Each student performs an average of five major works during the five weeks. Assignments change every two weeks maximizing individual contact with repertoire, colleagues and faculty coaches. Chamber Music will be coached by our World-class string, wind and piano faculty.
A side-by-side performance, with The Cleveland Orchestra at Blossom Music Center.
Chamber Orchestra concert with The Cleveland Orchestra Assistant Conductor.
Explore solo repertoire and other special topics with world-renowned guest artists.
PROGRAM FEES/Housing/Meals/College Credit
- Housing accommodations in deluxe accommodations in air conditioned residence hall - $1,200 per student.
- Program Fees: a payment of $900 must be received by May 1st.
- Scholarships are available and awarded based on financial need. Apply for a scholarship.
- Parking is $25 if you plan to drive to campus.
- Meals may be purchased in KSU facilities or off campus. Estimated cost per student is $500.
- Academic Credit through Kent State University at the baccalaureate, masters, or doctoral level is available upon request.
- Cultural activities at no cost to participants include The Cleveland Orchestra concerts at Blossom Music Center, Kent Blossom Music Festival Concert series and Porthouse Theatre productions offered by Kent Blossom Theatre.
- Recreational opportunities include indoor swimming, tennis, racquetball, ice skating, canoeing/kayaking, and one of the most advanced fitness facilities in Ohio, the KSU Student Recreation and Wellness Center!