Associate Professor of Landscape Architecture at Kent State University. Marshall’s work in documenting Southern Louisiana’s cultural landscapes has been published and exhibited in various international venues. Her work traces natural forces and the spatial memory of the sublime landscape of Louisiana using cartographic tracings and photographic montage to plot patterns of change over time. She received a Bachelor of Arts in Architectural Art History at Ithaca College and a Masters of Landscape Architecture at Harvard University Graduate School of Design, where she was awarded the Penny White Traveling Fellowship. Her work on documenting complex landscape conditions has been published in Landscape Architecture Magazine and the Journal of Landscape Architecture (JOLA) and chapters for Transforming with Water and Perspectives on Creativity.
Her research has been presented at international and national conferences, including International Federation of Landscape Architects, European Council of Landscape Architects, Alliance of Preservation Technologies, International Association for the Fantastic in the Arts, Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture, Alliance for Historic Landscape Preservation, Environmental Design Research Association and the Iraqi War Memorial Symposium.
- Visual methods for speculating transformative landscape processes, in conference proceedings | Creation/Reaction | University of Greenwich | London, UK | 2017
- Deciphering Design Solutions Through Drawing the Multiplicities of Landscape: A Case Study of Southern Louisiana’s Sweet Olive Cemetery, co author, Sheryl Fishel Brown, in conference proceedings | University of Greenwich | London, UK | 2017
- Creativity and Novice Design: The Liminal Territory of Transformative making, in Conference Proceedings | Perspectives on Creativity | Cambridge Scholars Press | 2009
- Seeing the Landscape Breathe | Journal of Landscape Architecture | Catherine Dee, ed. Autumn 2008, vol.6.
- The Seaward March: the buoy and the pod, co-author with, Kristi M. Dykema | Foundation for the Netherlands Association of Landscape Architects | Apeldoorn, The Netherlands | 2008
- 2017 ASLA Student Awards | Honor Awards in the Planning and Analysis category | Disaster Autopsy Model | Donguk Lee and Xiwei Shen | LSU
- RRSLA Directors Award | School of Landscape Architecture | Curating Accreditation | 2017
- 2013 LAASLA Student Awards | LSU DeSoto Park Design | Erin Percevault, Ace Martin and Daniel Christian
- Elizabeth Foundation for the Arts Projects Space | New York City | 2011
- 2010 Competition Finalist | Iraqi War Memorial in conjunction with iraqimemorial.org Light Trails, an Iraqi War Memorial Exhibition with iraqimemorial.org | San Jose | 2011
- Sheppard Fine Arts Gallery | University of Nevada | Reno, Nevada | 2010
- 2008 ASLA Student Awards | Honor Award in the General Design category | LSU | The Lower Ninth Ward and Bayou Bienvenue: An Inherent Opportunity | Conners Ladner, Chris Barnes and Robert Bass
- Outstanding Teaching Award | College of Art and Design | LSU | 2008
- Outstanding Teaching award for Undergraduate Teaching | Tiger Foundation LSU | 2008
- RRSLA Directors Award | School of Landscape Architecture | Teaching achievement in a studio | 2007