Deaf Education Accreditation
Kent State University’s Deaf Education program is accredited by the Council on Education of the Deaf (CED) through 2021, as well as by NCATE/CAEP through 2023.
CED is an accrediting agency for programs that prepare teachers of deaf and hard of hearing students. Kent State's Deaf Education program is on a six-year review cycle.
Please also note that Kent State's educator preparation programs are accredited by NCATE/CAEP. The Deaf Education program is also recognized through its Specialized Professional Association: the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC).
The CED standards:
- Curriculum for Core Programs at Provisional Certification Level
- Faculty for Core Programs at the Initial Level
- Candidates in Core Programs at the Initial Level
- Resources and Facilities for Core Programs at the Initial Level
- Evaluation Review and Planning of Core Program at Initial Level