Support Our College
Dear Alumni and Friends,
As dean of the College of Education, Health and Human Services, it is always an inspiration to spend time with our extraordinary alumni and valued friends. There is a sense of energy in the air at EHHS as we forge ahead to achieve new heights. The beauty of the Kent State University campus is a daily inspiration. There is truly no better time to be a part of our EHHS and Kent State family.
Your gifts change the lives of our students, faculty and our community. Whether it’s a scholarship, support for research or improvement of facilities, your gifts allow us to attract and retain top students and world-class faculty. In turn, those students and faculty are able to respond to emerging societal needs and make our world a better place.
As your dean, I am honored to serve you, and I am eternally grateful for our many generous donors. Together, we can shape the future. The College of Education, Health and Human Services is one of Kent State University's largest, and our programs are among the best in the nation. An investment in our future will allow us to maintain record enrollment, conduct groundbreaking research, develop talented students and support renowned faculty.
James C. Hannon, Ph.D.
Dean and Professor
College of Education, Health and Human Services
The College of EHHS envisions a future of globally minded citizens who, through access to innovative research and student-centered learning, will engage with diverse communities to improve well-being across the lifespan. We are thankful for our supporters and look forward to engaging with partners whose philanthropic passions are sparked by the work and the goals of our College.
Supporting Our Students Through Their Full Learning Experience – At EHHS we put students first with our commitment to being a student-ready college. The support from alumni and friends is an early sign to our students that our network is here to support them and see them through to degree completion and beyond. Your gift to the EHHS Dean’s Scholarship fund will provide scholarship awards to students with financial need, high achieving students and students who desire to participate in high-impact experiences.
Preparing Globally Minded Citizens – In an ever more interconnected global world we believe every student should have the chance to receive a global education. We are committed to increasing investments that bolster our current programs and break down financial barriers for our students to enhance their global citizenship. Our programs bring the global -> local. Your support of the EHHS Study Abroad Scholarship will give our students the chance to experience learning and living without academic and demographic boundaries, opportunities to learn around the world.
Fostering a Culture of Inclusion and Rich Diversity – The college aims to be exemplary in our collective commitment to preparing our university and local community members to meet the ever changing needs of our society; reducing barriers to learning, education, and discourse. We will accomplish this goal by increasing our number of diversity scholarships, creating more funding opportunities for diverse and inclusive programs, forging relationships with institutions and groups representing historically underrepresented minority groups, and establishing internships and more programs supporting first generation college students. Your gift to the Office of Diversity Outreach and Development will provide necessary funds for this important work.
Promoting Research and Innovative Partnerships – In order to prepare our students with the knowledge, skills, and dispositions to be leaders in the workplace and engaged citizens, the college has focused on hiring outstanding individuals to develop widely respected programs and partnerships. Our students work alongside faculty whose research includes ways to improve outcomes for underrepresented children in early childhood settings and investigating why some adolescents and young people are better at hearing and listening than others. We are actively seeking new ways to create and deepen partnerships with industry, private funders, and domestic and international governments and institutions.
Building the Future – Our goal is to be a magnet for future education, health and human services leaders. In addition to offering excellent academic programs and scholarships, we seek to upgrade our physical spaces to be more accessible and welcoming. Whether that be through our new teaching kitchen or improvements to White Hall, your gifts to support our facilities will aid our physical spaces to more accurately reflect our academic offerings.
To learn more about how you can make an impact at Kent State and EHHS reach out to Stephanie Mowls, 330-672-0018 or email@example.com.
Each of our schools within the college serve our students and prepare them to be leaders in a wide variety of fields, ranging from education, counseling and health care, to hospitality, recreation and sport.
To support specific programs and areas of study, please select a school below. If you have further questions please call our office to speak with a member of the advancement team, 330-672-0425.
- EHHS College-level Programs:
- The Read Center for International and Intercultural Education Fund
- Office of Diversity Outreach & Development Fund
- Vacca Undergraduate Office of Student Services Fund
- School of Lifespan Development and Educational Sciences
- Career and Community Studies Support Fund
- Counseling & Human Development Center
- David Dalton Educational Psychology Research Award
- Dr. Carl I. Brahce Fund in Gerontology and Long Term Care
- Human Development and Family Studies Support Fund
- Lifespan Development and Educational Sciences Support Fund
- Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling Program
- School Psychology Fund
- Special Education Program Support Fund
- Technology In Education
- School of Foundations, Leadership and Administration
- Alex Doody "Catch Me If You Can"
- Bowman Fellowship
- HEASP Endowed Travel Fund
- Hospitality Management Inspiration Scholarship
- Hospitality Management Student Support
- Jill Anna Marsey Memorial Endowment
- School of Foundation Leadership and Administration Support
- Sport Administration
- School of Teaching, Learning and Curriculum Studies
- Child Development Center Central Fund
- Early Childhood Education Program Fund
- Hyde Scholarship Vocational Education
- Middle Childhood/Adolescent and Young Adult Scholarship
- Outdoor Learning Lab Enhancement
- Physical Education Fund
- Reading & Writing Development Center
- Robin McManus Fund for Children at the Child Development Center
- Teach Learning & Curriculum Studies
- The School of Teaching, Learning and Curriculum Studies Award Fund
- School of Health Sciences
- Biomechanical Stimulation Projects/Athletic Training
- Dr. Wayne Sinning Memorial
- Exercise Science/Physiology Research Fund
- Health Education & Promotion Development Fund
- John C. Faulstick Athletic Training Alumni Scholarship
- Mighty Pack Program
- Nutrition and Dietetics Endowed Scholarship
- Nutrition and Dietetics Support Fund
- School of Health Sciences Scholarship
- Speech & Hearing Alumni Scholarship
Select any of the links below to learn more about the most common options for giving to Kent State University:
The easiest way to donate; contributions can be sent via check to the Kent State Foundation office, or you can make a credit card donation online.
The Kent State Foundation accepts appreciated securities, which may offer a larger tax benefit than a cash gift.
Gifts of long-term, appreciated real estate usually offer an immediate tax benefit.
Bequests present a way to leave a legacy after your lifetime. You may also establish a trust or annuity that can provide income to you or a loved one while benefiting the university. Our advisers can help you determine the best options.
Employees of Kent State University can make their contributions through automatic deductions from their paychecks.
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions or volunteer hours made by their employees. To find out if your company has a matching gift policy, please enter your employer's name below.
Complete the form below to update your contact information on file at Kent State University. If you are a current Kent State University student or employee, please contact the appropriate office to formally change your name or information for university records.