In order to prepare our students for the 21st century with the knowledge, skills and dispositions to be leaders in the workplace and engaged citizens, the College of Education, Health and Human Services is focusing on these key priorities:
- Gerald Read Center for International and Intercultural Education – Established in 1987, the Read Center was designed to examine curricular issues related to international and intercultural education, to facilitate international student recruitment and retention, to encourage travel and cultural-immersion programs for students and faculty, and to support exchange and research projects with an international and/or intercultural focus. The Center serves as a catalyst for the advancement of international and intercultural education. Learn more.
- Child Development Center – Since 1972, the CDC has played a central role in the education and care of young children in the Kent State community, in the preparation of teachers, and in the generation of knowledge through research. As an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, the center provides innovative programs for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners, as well as serving as a professional development and research center for the College of Education, Health and Human Services and beyond. Learn more.
- Diversity Initiatives – The College of EHHS aims to be exemplary in our collective commitment to preparing our university and local community members to meet the ever changing diversity needs of our society; thus reducing barriers to learning and education. We hope to accomplish this goal through increasing our number of diversity scholarships, creating more funding opportunities for our Office of Diversity Outreach and Development and its programs (such as the Bridges Program), and establishing internships or more programs supporting first generation college students. Learn more.
- Research Innovation and Awareness – Help raise awareness and support for scientific research on cures and treatment for diseases such as Parkinson’s or for the colleges Counseling and Development Center which assists in the study of mental health, depression and suicide.
- Capital Renovations – Support could be used for updating White Hall with more modern classroom and study space.