At Kent State University, we encourage you to discover your potential, make bold choices and recognize your ability to define success on your terms.
When you enter the Roe Green Center for the School of Theatre and Dance, you will be embraced for who you are and surrounded by a community that supports your individual potential. Dedicated to creative excellence, we will provide opportunities that will challenge you to develop your meaningful purpose.
Our comprehensive programs are rooted in a professional culture that inspires you to train for the dynamic disciplines of theatre and dance as you transform your passion into your profession.
We foster an environment where passion and opportunity meet, training students to enter the dynamic disciplines of theatre and dance.
The School of Theatre and Dance At-A-Glance
- Bachelor of Arts degrees in Dance Studies and Theatre Studies
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degrees in Dance Performance, Design and Technology, and Musical Theatre
- Master of Fine Arts degrees in Acting, Acting for the Returning Professional, and Design and Technology
- Dedicated faculty and staff who are trained and working professional dancers, choreographers, actors, designers and technicians
- Four theatres and more than 70,000 sq. feet of state-of-the-art design and rehearsal spaces
- Active Guest Artist programs and opportunities for student/professional interaction
- A network of regionally and nationally respected alumni
- Seven Mainstage productions every academic year and many more student productions
- Porthouse Theatre, an URTA, AEA tier II on-site professional summer theatre company with annual audiences of more than 25,000