Schedule A Visit
Prospective students are encouraged to visit the School of Theatre and Dance for a tour, during our Open House or attend a Discover Theatre and Dance Day to become familiar with the School's offerings and meet with faculty and current students.
Spring 2023 Open House:
February 25 from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Join the School of Theatre and Dance for an afternoon to learn about majors in Musical Theatre, Design Technology, Theatre Studies, Dance and Dance Studies. This event will feature a campus tour, information on listed majors, and a tour of the Center for the Performing Arts. Students who attend will be given a code to receive a free ticket to our evening performance of "Urinetown".
Spring 2023 Discover Theatre and Dance Days:
February 7 at 10 a.m.
March 14 at 10 a.m.
April 11 at 10 a.m.
To register for a Discover Theatre and Dance Day click the link below. On the following page select the date you wish to visit and complete registration. We look forward to seeing you!
Discover Theatre and Dance Day Schedule
10 – 10:15 a.m.: Check-In (Roe Green Lobby)
10:15 – 11 a.m.: School Tour with Student Ambassadors (Roe Green Lobby)
11 – 11:50 a.m.: Theatre: Script Analysis, Prof. Eichenlaub (Room D022)
11 a.m. – 12:40 p.m.: Dance: Ballet 4A, Prof. Smith (Room D123)
12:05 – 12:55 p.m.: Making of Theatre, Prof. Fritsche/Polunas (Room D022)
12:40 – 1:10 p.m.: 30 Minute Lunch Break
1:10 – 1:50 p.m.: Fundamentals of Production I (Room D303)
1:10 – 2 p.m.: Musical Theatre Performance I, Profs. Kent/Swoboda (Room D205)
1:10 – 2 p.m.: Dance: Modern 4A, Prof. Meredith (Room D122)
2 – 2:30 p.m.: Faculty/Ambassador Q & A (Wright Curtis Theatre)
- All activities take place in the Kent Campus Center for the Performing Arts Building.
- Plan to arrive on time to allow time for obtaining a parking pass and check in with Student Ambassadors and Faculty in the Roe Green Lobby.
- Parking instructions: Park in the C (commuter) Lot on the south side of the Center for Performing Arts, then obtain a parking pass being held for you in the lobby.
- This program is designed for high school juniors, seniors, and transfer students. Attendees will observe selected classes. Parents are also welcomed to observe however, space is limited.
- Students may attend a 1:10 class or take additional time for lunch. Bring a bag lunch or money for lunch. Eastway Cafeteria is near the building.
- Plan to bring a bag lunch or money for lunch. There are on campus eateries near the building.
- Program ends at 2:30 p.m.; however students may leave the program earlier. Kent State offers a 90-minute campus tour at 2 p.m. This needs to be scheduled in advance and separately. To register, please visit: https://www.kent.edu/admissions/tours-events
For More Information