Musical Theatre Auditions
Individuals interested in enrolling in the Bachelor of Fine Arts in Musical Theatre program at Kent State must participate in an audition.
How to Audition for Fall 2023 Entry to the Musical Theatre Program
Individuals Auditioning for the First Time
There are two options for auditioning for Fall 2023 entry to the Musical Theatre program: in-person or live virtual.
The School of Theatre and Dance uses Acceptd for musical theatre audition registration. If you are attending an in-person audition, prospective students are asked to register for an audition no later than 1 week prior to the audition date. The link to access Acceptd is below.
General Acceptd Instructions
- Click on the Acceptd link provided below. The link will take you to the Kent State College of the Arts landing page on Acceptd.
- On the left-hand side of the page under "Start An Application" select School of Theatre and Dance as the program group and select BFA Musical Theatre as the program.
- Read through the Guidelines and Click "Apply to BFA Musical Theatre."
- Create an Acceptd account as prompted or log in if you already have one.
- Complete the application as instructed.
Prior to applying, please be prepared to supply the following information:
- Contact Information
- Education History
- Vocal and Dance Training Histories
- Vocal Selections for Audition
- Monologue Selections for Audition
- Previous Theatre Experience
- Names and contact information for recommendation forms
Internal Musical Theatre Audition
INDIVIDUALS RE-AUDITIONING FOR MUSICAL THEATRE PROGRAM
If you have already auditioned for the BFA MT program, and plan to re-audition, please contact Gaye Blair at 330-672-0106 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information about the BFA Theatre Program, please contact Terri Kent, Musical Theatre Coordinator, at email@example.com.
For more information about registering for an audition, please contact Gaye Blair at 330-672-0106 or firstname.lastname@example.org.