SAS Job Opportunities
Note-taking services are provided as an accommodation by the office of Student Accessibility Services (SAS) for students who require note-taking assistance for disability related reasons. SAS has a need for Note-Takers in many classes this semester. Payment for the SAS Note-Taker position is $50 per semester course which is paid at the end of the semester.
Please review the note-taking job qualifications and guidelines below, and if you are interested in applying to become an SAS Note-Taker follow the 'Steps to Apply to Become an SAS Note-Taker' listed below.
SAS Note-Taker Job Qualifications and Guidelines
- Be enrolled in the class in which an SAS Note-Taker is needed.
- Attend class regularly.
- You are still responsible to provide notes to SAS if you miss a class.
- Take thorough notes during each class.
- Have legible and neat handwriting.
- Write with black or blue ink.
- Availability to submit your class notes to SAS, either by stopping in the SAS office to copy your notes or by emailing your notes to SAS, a minimum of 1-2 times per week.
- It is best if you use loose leaf paper rather than spiral notebooks to expedite the copying process,
- Include your name, course number and title, professor name and date at the top of the page.
Steps to Apply to Become an SAS Note-Taker
- Click on the 'Sign up as a Note-Taker' link from SAS Online Services.
- Enter your Kent State ID number, username and your Kent email address.
- Complete the online note-taker application.
- A temporary username and password will be emailed to your Kent State email address. Log into SAS Online Services with your temporary username and password.
- Click on 'My Dashboard' on the top left of your screen. You will now be prompted to change your username and/or password.
- Enter you Course Registration Numbers, which can be found on your class schedule in the Student Tools section of FlashLine.
- Review and sign the 'Note-taker Contract' and click on, 'Submit Your Class Schedule'.
- You will be contacted by email if you are selected for the note-taking position. Please note, unless you receive an email confirming that you have been selected for the note-taking position, you have not been hired for the job.