Looking to explore the world of accounting and advance your career prospects? The B.B.A. degree in Accounting offers a dynamic curriculum and renowned faculty to provide you with the essential skills and knowledge required to succeed in this ever-evolving field.
“During my first year, I knew I wanted to major in accounting as it was the right fit for me. I joined the Accounting Association and attended bi-monthly meetings that brought in different firms. It was so helpful to network with other accounting students, as well as the recruiters from various accounting firms. When it came time for Kent State’s annual Meet the Accountants Night, I was able to land my first internship which helped me apply the accounting principles I learned in the classroom to the real business world.” - Anna Siesel, Accounting
- Students gain the skills necessary to attain positions as auditors, industrial accountants, financial analysts, tax consultants, or governmental and nonprofit accountants.
- Beta Alpha Psi, the honorary student organization, promotes the study and practice of accounting, finance and information systems, provides opportunities for self-development and encourages a sense of ethical, social and public responsibility.
- Students who wish to sit for the CPA exam must complete 120 credit hours; the accounting curriculum is aligned to prepare them to take the exam.
- The department provides ample opportunities for students to network and obtain paid internships and full-time jobs in international, national and regional CPA firms, corporations and organizations, through the annual Meet the
Accountants Night event in fall and the Accounting Meet and Greet event in Spring.
- Accounting faculty are expert teachers and scholars who create an engaging learning environment for students.
Examples of Possible Careers and Salaries
Notice:* Source of occupation titles and labor data comes from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics' Occupational Outlook Handbook. Data comprises projected percent change in employment over the next 10 years; nation-wide employment numbers; and the yearly median wage at which half of the workers in the occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less.
*Information based on the class of 2022. Salary range represents 25th-75th percentile.
Where can I get a job?
Apple Growth Partners • BDO USA, LLP • Bober Markey Federovich Coehn & Company • CliftonLarsenAllen • Deloitte • EY • Grant Thornton LLP • Office of the Comptroller of the Currency • The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company • Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft Stores • KPMG LLP • Maloney + Novotny LLC Parker Hannifin Corporation • PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) • Novogradac & Company LLP • Rea & Associates, Inc. • The J.M. Smucker Company • and more!