Technology Resources & Requirements
2023-2024 Computer Requirements
All Ambassador Crawford College of Business and Entrepreneurship students are required to have access to a laptop computer to complete assignments and/or for in-class activities and testing. These computers must meet certain technology requirements.
The College recommends a Windows operating system for maximum compatibility with software requirements, particularly for those majoring in Accounting, Business Analytics, Economics and Finance. If students are running an operating system other than Windows, we do not recommend a new laptop, however, students may need to complete assignments in the College’s computer labs. Remote access to the College’s computer labs is available. You should have access to either a Windows or Apple laptop that meets or exceeds these standards:
- Windows Users: Laptop running Windows 11
- Apple Users: Laptop running Big Sur or higher
Minimum Laptop Requirements:
- Intel Core i7 processor
- 16 GB Ram recommended
- Headphones or built-in speakers
- Microphone connected to the laptop or built-in
- Webcam connected to laptop or built-in
- Microsoft Office 365
- Students can receive Microsoft Office 365 for FREE. For more information and to download Office before you start classes this fall, visit the KSU IT website.
- As you progress, you may be expected to purchase software relevant to your major.
- For software questions including campus licensed software and discounted software, visit www.kent.edu/it.
- If necessary, students can remote access the computer labs using their personal computers, as long as the computers are regularly updated, and they can download supporting software from their app stores if necessary.
- Most new laptops come with a manufacturer’s warranty, but it is strongly recommended that you purchase a 3-year extended warranty to supplement and extend the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Backing up files is strongly recommended. This will ensure that your work is not lost if your laptop malfunctions or is lost or stolen.
- Microsoft OneDrive is available with your Kent State account gives you free storage:
- Login with Kent ID at via Flashline.
Direct Links for Possible Discounts:
- Apple: http://store.apple.com/us_edu_47356
- Dell: http://dell.com/kent
The Kent State University Official Bookstore:
- Phone: 330-672-2762
- Web: https://kent.bncollege.com
Financial aid may be available; to qualify visit https://www.kent.edu/financialaid/forms and select the “Cost of Attendance Increase Form.”
ACCBE Computer Lab
The Ambassador Crawford College of Business and Entrepreneurship has three computer labs for students looking to spend time on class projects and take online exams.
Before coming in to take an exam, be sure to review the rules and computer lab hours.
- Monday through Thursday:
8 a.m. - 10 p.m.
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday:
VIEW ADDITIONAL COMPUTER LAB INFORMATION
TECHHELP SERVICE AND REPAIR CENTER
The Ambassador Crawford College of Business and Entrepreneurship TechHelp Service and Repair Center is our on-site technology service center, here to help all students, faculty and staff resolve issues with their personal computers and mobile devices. Their services include:
- Network, wireless and login support
- Virus and spyware removal
- Hardware installation and repair
- Software optimization and operating system troubleshooting
- iPad repair
- Mobile operating system and software repair
- Apple computer warranty service
- Hardware and software products for sale
VISIT TECHHELP SERVICE AND REPAIR CENTER'S WEBSITE
For general TechHelp Service and Repair Center information and questions call us at 330-672-TECH or visit our website.