“Studying Economics has allowed me to learn more about myself. To me, economics means the collective choices of people. It’s the beautiful combination of statistical choices and their outcomes. I would not be pursuing this major without the help and guidance of the economics professors here at Kent State. I look forward to applying my analytical knowledge in my future career.” Jacy Guider, Economics
Economics - B.B.A.
- Economics students develop analytical skills that can provide strategic decision making and problem solving applicable in many areas such as the financial and banking system, health care, international economic relations, government policies, the environment, urban development, and employment and earnings.
- Economics students use industry-standard software to develop quantitative skills that allow them to conduct predictive modeling and data-driven problem solving.
- The Student Economist Association group allows students to learn directly from invited professional economists, group discussions, and visits to businesses.
- Students gain valuable work experience with an internship. Many companies use the internship as an extended job interview.
- Economics faculty are expert teachers and scholars who create an engaging learning environment for students, including research opportunities for undergraduates.
Examples of Possible Careers and Salaries
Notice:* Source of occupation titles and labor data comes from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics' Occupational Outlook Handbook. Data comprises projected percent change in employment over the next 10 years; nation-wide employment numbers; and the yearly median wage at which half of the workers in the occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less.
*Information based on the class of 2022. Salary range represents 25th-75th percentile.
Where can I get a job?
American Family Insurance • AML Right Source • Charles Schwab Corporation • Dollar Bank, FSB • Farmers Insurance Group, Inc. • FedEx Corporation • First Investors Corporation • Huntington National Bank • JPMorgan Chase • National Interstate Insurance Parkplace Technologies • Progressive Corporation • Quicken Loans, Inc. • The Sherwin-Williams Company • Walmart • and more!