“Being an entrepreneurship student at Kent State has not only helped me grow as a student, It has helped me grow as an individual by preparing me for professional life outside of college. Being able to build and grow a company these past four years while being surrounded by like-minded students, faculty that believe in you and provide extensive one-on-one time, and endless opportunities to help your business flourish, is just the beginning of what Kent State’s program has to offer.” - Lauren Hollis, Entrepreneurship
Entrepreneurship - B.B.A.
- Students develop an entrepreneurial mindset through coursework. In the senior year, students start their own venture which gives them the confidence and knowledge to run a business or gain employment at businesses of all sizes upon graduation. Practicing entrepreneurs provide mentorship to students.
- The John S. Brinzo Center for Entrepreneurship and Business Innovation hosts events for student entrepreneurs including idea pitch and business pitch competitions.
- The Sigma Nu Tau honor society promotes, recognizes and rewards academic excellence in entrepreneurship and encourages and recognizes the practice of principled entrepreneurship.
- Students can meet and network with successful entrepreneurs through events such as the ASPIRE Entrepreneurial Workshop Series and Michael D. Solomon Entrepreneurship Speaker Series.
- Students learn about idea generation, feasibility analysis, how to legally establish a company, how to create a product or service and find financial resources and generate sales.
*Information based on the class of 2021. Salary range represents 25th-75th percentile.
Where can I get a job?
One out of three 2021 entrepreneurship graduates started or continued running their own companies following graduation. The remainder obtained work at companies including: Amazon Cleveland Clinic • Enterprise • Huntington National Bank Techtronic Industries • Quicken Loans Inc • and more!