High School Outreach
CPA CAMP | CAREERS IN PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTING
CPA Camp is an all-expenses-paid experience for students interested in exploring careers in accounting. Students learn how accounting can lead them to career stability, a high salary & meaningful work! Students in attendance will even have the opportunity to earn scholarships! This innovative career development program is designed specifically for underrepresented high school students including, but not limited to those who identify as: having a disability, LGBTQ+, students of color, and the first in their family to attend college.
Admission to the camp includes:
- Discussion of Opportunities in Accounting: What is accounting all about? What kinds of jobs can you get and what are possible salaries?
- Overview of Public Accounting: What is a typical day in public accounting like? Work/life balance? How do you navigate public accounting as an underrepresented professional?
- Virtual Field Trip: Get a glimpse into the world of accounting by experiencing a virtual tour of a local organization! You’ll also have the opportunity to hear from employees about their job, office culture and work environment!
- Lunch & Campus Tour
- City Highlights & Opportunities: Learn from local professionals about why they chose to stay in town after graduation & what your city has to offer personally and professionally
- A Day in the Life of a CPA Working in Corporate Accounting: What is a typical day in corporate accounting like? How is this role different than that of public accounting? Is there a focus on DEI initiatives within the company? What opportunities to contribute to this initiative exist.
- College Panel: Learn from various students & faculty members about college life as an accounting major.
- Meet the Recruiters (Mix & Mingle): Meet & network with recruiters from various local firms & companies.
- Closing Reception: Celebrate your successful completion of CPA Camp! Mingle with firm & company representatives. Scholarship & award presentation will take place.