Full-Time MBA Program
Are you looking for a Full-time MBA program that can advance your skillset and increase your earnings potential?
The Full-time MBA at Kent State University's College of Business Administration can provide all that and more.
Watch a recording of the 2020 Graduate Programs Week Alumni Panel here. Learn about "Career Resilience in the Midst of COVID-19" from former graduate business students who shared insights and tips on navigating challenging situations in the workplace.
- AACSB Accredited
- Accelerated program, can be completed in 12 months
- Modular, eight week course structure
- Career coaching and a professional development course
- Opportunity for summer internships
- Merit-based scholarships and graduate assistantships
- Several study abroad options with scholarships opportunities
- Option to specialize in one of six concentrations:
- Business Analytics
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Dual degree MBA programs in Architecture, Communications, Library and Information Science, Nursing and Translation
Our Full-time MBA program offers many experiential learning opportunities beyond the classroom, including:
The College of Business Administration offers several study abroad opportunities that MBA students can select, from short 10 day trips to a full semester abroad.
Our study abroad trips provide students first hand exposure to international businesses and include lectures, visits to international businesses, and cultural excursions. Participating students will come away with a better understanding of the context in which U.S. business operates in a global economy. Our trips have included such places as: France and Switzerland, India, Cayman Islands, Ireland, Belgium and Luxembourg, and Brazil.
Full Semester at Rennes
MBA students have the opportunity to spend a semester or year at ESC Rennes in France and earn a second master's certificate or degree. Rennes, a city of 350,000 and the capital of Brittany in Northern France, is the home of 50,000 university students.
Kent students will pursue their MBA core courses at the Kent Campus during the first academic year. During the following fall, the student will take international and elective coursework at Rennes. Students pay the same rate of tuition as they do at the Kent Campus.
Career Services Office
The College of Business Administration has its own Career Services Office to provide services and resources to students and alumni in every aspect of their career development process. The office provides opportunities such as mock interviews, on site corporate visits, networking with company representatives, and workshops.
Professional Development Opportunities and MBA Career Coach
A professional development course is built into the Full-time MBA curriculum and includes hands-on activities such as self-assessments, personal branding, networking, career exploration and management, developing a career development plan, and negotiating job offers. In addition, our MBA Career Coach individually assists students with resume critique, interview strategies, and a tailored career plan.
In addition to gaining valuable work experience and pay, internships can earn students elective course credit. Our Career Services internship coordinator regularly sends internship opportunity notices for a variety of industries and functions.
Don't miss these opportunities to meet and network with representatives from a wide variety of organizations seeking interns and job candidates for immediate and future openings.
Case competitions, such as the Key Bank Competition, provide students with the opportunity to address business issues that face companies today. Through research, evaluation, and presentation, teams have the chance to refine their analytical, team building, and communication skills, while letting their talents shine in front of a panel of experienced business professionals.
- Online application
- Application fee - $45 domestic applicants | $70 international applicants
- GMAT or GRE scores
- GMAT or GRE exam requirement may be waived.
- GMAT/GRE Waiver Criteria (pending final approval):
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or greater in a bachelor's degree, or an awarded graduate degree.
- Two or more years of full-time study in a degree granting program in the United States and successful completion of English, communication, and writing intensive courses (International Applicants).
- Completed two quantitative courses, such as advanced algebra, statistics, or the equivalent with grades 'B' (3.0) or higher.
- GMAT/GRE Waiver Request Form
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (international applicants). The minimum score requirements for the fulltime MBA program are:
- TOEFL iBT: 80
- Three letters of recommendation
- Essay of goals and objectives
Scholarship or Graduate Assistantship application (optional)
*All application materials should be submitted prior to deadline.
Full-time MBA Deadlines
- International Applicants and Domestic Applicants applying for Graduate Assistantships
- Domestic Applicants NOT applying for Graduate Assistantships
Kent State offers a best-value MBA Program compared to several other universities with Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) accreditation, the top credential for business schools.
Full-time MBA Tuition
|Ohio Residents||Non-Ohio Residents|
|Below 11 credit hours||$536 per credit hour||$999 per credit hour|
|11-18 credit hours||$5,896||$10,989|
Full-Time MBA Program Fee: $600 per Fall and Spring semesters
Financial Assistance available to full-time MBA students:
Merit-based Graduate Assistantships
Loans and Work Study (domestic students only)
* The tuition and fee information provided reflects, at a glance, generalized rates and is intended to act as a guide. Actual tuition costs may vary based on a student’s chosen academic plan. Detailed information regarding tuition and fees can be found in the University Fee Register.