Black History Month Art, Poetry & Spoken Word Contest
The College of Arts & Sciences is hosting an art, poetry and spoken-word contest to celebrate Black History Month! From February 1 – 28, students are encouraged to submit art, poetry, or spoken word that demonstrates and/or celebrates the history, legacy, or achievements of American Black History.
To enter the contest, please submit your art, poetry, or spoken word to Kris Braxton at (firstname.lastname@example.org). All participating students will be entered to win a book scholarship! Rules and guidelines to participate in the contest are as follows:
- You must be an Arts & Sciences undergraduate or graduate student.
- Submitted work must be university appropriate – entries that includes or depict obscene profanity, inappropriate gestures/signs, disrespectful behavior/thoughts, alcohol use, or illegal substances will be automatically disqualified.
- All submitted work must be your own – any plagiarized work will not be accepted.
- Winners will be judged and chosen based on the quality of the work. 1st place wins a $250 book scholarship and 2nd place wins a $100 book scholarship.
- Submissions can be entered between Monday, February 1 at 8:00 am until Sunday, February 28 at 11:59 pm.
- By entering in the contest, you grant Kent State the right to the submitted work to use for future marketing purposes.
All questions and/or concerns regarding contest entries can be directed to Kris Braxton at (email@example.com).