The College of Arts and Sciences is committed to providing support to faculty, postdoctoral researchers, and graduate students for extramural grant development and submission. This support includes four main elements which will be specifically programmed for each funding opportunity and tailored to meet individual faculty or trainee needs.
Grant Opportunity Information
- Workshops and information sessions with internal and external speakers
- Alerts for funding opportunities via website, emails, and in-person meetings
- Science writing and editing
- Internal faculty mentor(s)
- External reviewer feedback
Proposal preparation Support
- Proofreading and compliance checking of support materials and budget pages
- Proposal budget development
- Assistance navigating internal and sponsor-specific submission systems
Focused Support by Funding Mechanism
For information, proposal preparation, and science writing support, please contact Dr. Lique Coolen, Associate Dean Research Development, Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs, College of Arts and Sciences, 108 Bowman Hall. Phone: 330-672-8973.
For proofreading, compliance checking, budget development and navigating internal submission systems, please contact Cathy Lowe, Sr. Grants Administrator, College of Arts and Sciences, 106 Bowman Hall. Phone: 330-672-0319.