Informal Analysis Seminar - October 18-19, 2012
KENT STATE INFORMAL ANALYSIS SEMINAR
Supported by the Department of Mathematical Sciences of Kent State University.
Organizers: Analysis Group of Kent State University
- Joe Diestel (Kent State University)
- Benjamin Jaye (Kent State University)
- Alexander Koldobsky (University of Missouri, Columbia)
- Andreas Seeger (University of Wisconsin-Madison)
- Luis Rademacher (Ohio State University)
- Joseph Rosenblatt (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)
- Mark Rudelson (University of Michigan)
Thursday, October 18
- 3:45 - 4:15pm Coffee
- 4:15 - 5:10pm Luis Rademacher: "Estimating the geometry of distributions: Learning convex bodies".
- 5:30 - 6:20pm Andreas Seeger: "Fourier restriction to curves".
- 7:00pm Dinner at Rusty Nail. Please let us know if you are interested to attend! The price is about 20-30$ depending on your order.
- 7:30pm (Start 6:30 from Kent.): Some of us will go to a concert in Akron. Please, contact Richard Aron if interested.
Friday, October 19
A tribute to Professor Isaac Namioka
- 12:30 Joseph Rosenblatt: "Reminiscing about working with Isaac"
- 1:00-1:50 Joe Diestel: "Isaac and Bessaga and Peczynski"
- 2:00 -3:00 Coffee Break
- 3:10 - 4:00pm Benjamin Jaye: "The fractional Riesz transform and an exponential potential".
- 4:00 - 4:20pm Coffee Break
- 4:20 - 5:10pm Alexander Koldobsky: "Complex Intersection bodies".
- 5:20 - 6:10pm Mark Rudelson: "Random unitary and orthogonal perturbations".
- 7:00pm Dinner at Wild Papaya. Please let us know if you are interested to attend! The price is about 20-30$ depending on your order.
Transportation: For driving directions and maps of the university please click here and select the information needed. Let us know if you would need a parking pass.
The closest airports to Kent are Akron/Canton Airport (CAK) and Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE). We will schedule pick-up from the airport if advance notice will be provided. We recommend the Microtel hotel at Streetsboro, please contact them directly. Please, say that you are visiting the Department of Mathematical Sciences, Kent State - they will provide you with a special discount. Please let us know if there are any problems.
Participants:(as of 10/11/2012):
|Richard Aron||Kent State University|
|Bruno Braga||Kent State University|
|Bernardo Cascales||Universidad de Murcia|
|Mikhail Chebotar||Kent State University|
|Krzysztof Chris Ciesielski||West Virginia University|
|Michelle Cordier||Kent State University|
|Sussanna Dann||University of Missouri, Columbia|
|Isaac DeFrain||Kent State University|
|Joe Diestel||Kent State University|
|Willian Franca||Kent State University|
|Daniel Fresen||Yale University|
|Benjamin Jaye||Kent State University|
|Ludmila Kadets||University of Toronto|
|Jaegil Kim||Kent State University|
|Alexander Koldobsky||University of Missouri, Columbia.|
|Galyna Livshyts||Kent State University|
|Victor Lomonosov||Kent State University|
|Warren Moors||University of Auckland|
|Antonio Perez||Universidad de Murcia|
|Zbigniew Piotrowski||Youngstown State University|
|Nirina Randrianarivony||Saint Louis University|
|Mark Rudelson||University of Michigan|
|Luis Rademacher||Ohio State University|
|Zach Riel||Kent State University|
|Joseph Rosenblatt||University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|Dmitry Ryabogin||Kent State University|
|Jeffrey Schlaerth||Kent State University|
|Andreas Seeger||University of Wisconsin-Madison|
|Angela Spalsbury||Youngstown State University|
|Eric J. Wingler||Youngstown State University|
|Vlad Yaskin||University of Alberta|
|Artem Zvavitch||Kent State University|