Recent books published by College of Arts and Sciences Faculty
Have you ever wondered how Asian Americans helped win the Allied victory? What inspired Hemingway’s writings while in Paris? How has Wonder Woman impacted comics, feminism, and pop culture over the past 80 years? The diverse faculty in the College of Arts and Sciences have you covered.
We reached out to our talented faculty (who are all accomplished in so many areas outside the classroom) and asked them to share with us their most recent books and poetry works. Check them out now in time for the holidays!
- Bindas, Kenneth J., The New Deal and American Society, 1933–1941 (Seminar Studies),Routledge, London and New York, 2022.
- Camden, Vera J., The Cambridge Companion to Literature and Psychoanalysis. Cambridge, United Kingdom; New York, NY: Cambridge University Press, 2021. https://www.cambridge.org/us/academic/subjects/literature/literary-theory/cambridge-companion-literature-and-psychoanalysis?format=PB
- Camden, Vera J, Mary Franklin, and Hannah Burton, eds. She Being Dead Yet Speaketh: The Franklin Family Papers. Toronto, Ontario Iter Press Tempe; Arizona Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies, 2019. https://press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/book/distributed/S/bo95831826.html
- Camden Vera, J and Valentino L. Zullo, eds. Wonder Woman: 80 Years Later. New York and London. Routledge, 2021. https://www.routledge.com/Wonder-Woman-80-Years-Later/Camden-Zullo/p/book/9780367711696
- Hassler, Mack and Carter Kaplan, eds. Emanations 9: When a Planet was a Planet: Brookline, Mass: International Authors, 2021. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09HG55BL7/ref=sr_1_15?dchild=1&keywords=Carter+Kaplan&qid=1633362211&s=books&sr=1-15
- Hayashi, Brian M., Asian American Spies: Race, Loyalty, and the Office of Strategic Services during World War II, Oxford University Press, 2021. https://oxford.universitypressscholarship.com/view/10.1093/oso/9780195338850.001.0001/oso-9780195338850.
- Hediger, Ryan. Homesickness: Of Trauma and the Longing for Place in a Changing Environment. Minneapolis, MN: University of Minnesota Press, 2019. https://www.upress.umn.edu/book-division/books/homesickness#:~:text=Our%20homesickness%2C%20according%20to%20Hediger,with%20and%20even%20to%20cultivate.
- Heiss, Mary Ann, Fulfilling the Sacred Trust: The UN Campaign for International Colonial Accountability during the Era of Decolonization, Cornell University Press, 2021. https://www.cornellpress.cornell.edu/book/9781501752704/fulfilling-the-sacred-trust/
- Jewell, Jessica. Dust Runner: Poems. Georgetown, KY: Finishing Line Press, 2020. https://www.finishinglinepress.com/product/dust-runner-by-jessica-jewell/
- Johnson, Austin H., Baker Rogers, and Tiffany Taylor, eds. Advances in Trans Studies: Moving Toward Gender Expansion and Trans Hope, Vol: 32, Bingley, United Kingdom, Emerald Publishing, 2021. https://books.emeraldinsight.com/page/detail/Advances-in-Trans-Studies/?K=9781802620306
- Lloyd, Keith and Donghong Liu, eds. Rhetoric and Composition Studies. Wuhan: Central China Normal University Press. 2020. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/348836266_Rhetoric_and_Composition_Studies
- Lloyd, Keith, Ed. The Routledge Handbook of Comparative World Rhetorics. New York and London: Routledge. July 2, 2020. ISBN 9780367409029. https://www.routledge.com/The-Routledge-Handbook-of-Comparative-World-Rhetorics-Studies-in-the-History/Lloyd/p/book/9780367409029
- M’Baye, Babacar and Besi Muhonja, eds. Gender and Sexuality in Senegalese Societies: Critical Perspectives and Methods. Lanham, MD: Lexington Books, July 2019. https://rowman.com/ISBN/9781793601124/Gender-and-Sexuality-in-Senegalese-Societies-Critical-Perspectives-and-Methods
- Roman, Christopher and Will Rogers, eds. Medieval Futurity: Essays for the Future of a Queer Medieval Studies. Kalamazoo, MI, Medieval Institute Publications Berlin Walter de Gruyter, 2021. https://www.degruyter.com/document/doi/10.1515/9781501513701/html?lang=en
- Scarnecchia, Timothy L., Race and Diplomacy in Zimbabwe: The Cold War and Decolonization,1960–1984 (African Studies). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2021. https://www.cambridge.org/core/books/race-and-diplomacy-in-zimbabwe/0598BE6A7E9C4D1F0F1DCE36291EB473
- Starkey, Lindsay, Encountering Water in Early Modern Europe and Beyond: Redefining the Universe through Natural Philosophy, Religious Reformations, and Sea Voyaging. Amsterdam University Press, 2020. https://www.aup.nl/en/book/9789462988736/encountering-water-in-early-modern-europe-and-beyond
- Trogdon, Robert W, ed. Ernest Hemingway: The Sun Also Rises & Other Writings, 1918-1926. New York, NY: Library of America, 2020. https://www.loa.org/books/634-the-sun-also-rises-other-writings-1918-1926
- Tyner, James, Red Harvests: Agrarian Capitalism and Genocide in Democratic Kampuchea, Morgantown: West Virginia University Press, 2021. https://wvupressonline.com/node/864
- Tyner, James, The Alienated Subject: On the Capacity to Hurt, Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press, 2022. https://www.upress.umn.edu/book-division/books/the-alienated-subject
- Van Ittersum, Derek and Tim Lockridge, eds. Writing Workflows: Beyond Word Processing. Ann Arbor, Michigan: University of Michigan Press, 2020. https://www.press.umich.edu/11657120
- Willey, Nicole L and Dan Friedman, eds. Feminist Fathering/Fathering Feminists: New Definitions and Directions. Bradford, Ontario: Demeter Press, 2020. https://demeterpress.org/books/feminist-fatheringfathering-feminists-new-definitions-and-directions/