- Begin to study for the Graduate Record Exam (link http://www.ets.org/gre/) and plan on taking it in spring or summer of the junior year. Some programs may not require the GRE for admission.
- Become familiar with the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants https://caspa.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login
- Identify the programs to which you will apply. Make certain you are aware of their application deadlines and that you will have completed all necessary prerequisite courses with the necessary minimum grades. Also, familiarize yourself with their supplemental application materials.
- Gain additional PA shadowing experience. Some programs require more shadowing experience than others.
- Line up letters of recommendation. Many programs will require at least one letter from a physician or physician assistant.