Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine requires that candidates complete at least 90 semester credit hours or 135 quarter hours, including the following pre-requisites:
- 8 Semester or 12 Quarter Hours of Biology*
- 8 Semester or 12 Quarter Hours of General/Inorganic Chemistry*
- 8 Semester or 12 Quarter Hours of Organic Chemistry*
- 8 Semester or 12 Quarter Hours of Physics*
- 6 Semester or 9 Quarter Hours of English
(*All science coursework must include labs, when applicable)
Nearly all matriculating students will have earned a Bachelor’s or advanced degree prior to matriculation; however, students may be granted admission with the required undergraduate coursework (90 semester hours or 135 quarter hours) and pre-requisites completed.
While most students majored in Sciences (Biology, Human Biology, Neuroscience, Exercise Science), several students came from Non-Science backgrounds, including Economics, Japanese, Political Science, etc.
In addition to required coursework, the following classes are recommended: Biochemistry, Histology, Anatomy, Physiology, Neurobiology, Medical Terminology and Microbiology.