SEARCH KENT STATE
1915 - 1922 : The Ohio College of Chiropody was founded by C.P. Beach, M.S. Harmolin, O. Klotzbach, L.E. Siemon, C. Spatz, and C.T. McConnell. The Ohio College of Chiropody was located in the Republic Building on 647 Euclid Avenue in Cleveland, Ohio, and consisted of one lecture hall, one laboratory, and eight clinical chairs. Students graduated after an 8-month curriculum, and the first class of 14 students did so in 1917.
1929 : The College moved from its original location to Playhouse Square on the fourth floor of 1620 Euclid Avenue in Cleveland, Ohio. The Ohio College of Chiropody began participating in intercollegiate sports, gaining notoriety through its winning basketball team.
1932 : The College constructs its third location at 2057 Cornell Road in University Circle, Cleveland, Ohio. Later in this same year, the curricula increases to three years.
1940 - 1950 : 1942 sees a significant drop in enrollment at the Ohio College of Chiropody in response to WWII, and the college basketball team is disbanded. In 1940, the curricula increases to four years.
1958 : The profession of Chiropody becomes the profession of Podiatry, and soon following, the school is renamed the Ohio College of Podiatry.
1969 : The College is renamed the Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine (OCPM)
1976 : The Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine once again outgrows its Cornell Road location, and moves to the much larger 10515 Carnegie Avenue in University Circle, Cleveland, Ohio.
1982 : The Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine establishes a Quasi-Endowment Fund.
1986 : The Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine develops its first full-time Graduate Placement Office, dedicated to assisting students find post-graduate residency experiences.
1987 : The Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine receives the full five-year accreditation from three accrediting agencies: The Council on Podiatric Medical Education (CPME), the Ohio Board of Regents (OBR), and the North Central Association (NCA).
1990 : The Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine establishes and builds the Cleveland Foot and Ankle Clinic at 10685 Carnegie Avenue, greatly expanding its size to 10,000 square feet. The CFAC features the latest in diagnostic imaging, vascular testing, and other comprehensive modalities for the advanced treatment of your foot and ankle problems, while also serving as the clinical teaching and outpatient treatment facility for OCPM.
1995 : The College offers a 4-year curriculum concentrating on both lecture and laboratory classes in the basic and applied medical sciences taught by M.D.s, PhDs, and doctors of Osteopathy.
2007 : The Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine establishes the Cleveland Foot and Ankle Institutes at Huron Hospital in East Cleveland and in the Midtown Corridor Neighborhood of Cleveland. Later the same year, OCPM officially moves to its present location at 6000 Rockside Woods Blvd., Independence, Ohio. The property is a beautiful 27-acres, boasting state-of-the-art facilities for education, research, and patient care. It is a newly designed, 137,000 square foot Georgian building including three, 150-seat lecture halls, high-tech anatomy, histology/microbiology, surgical skills, podiatric medical skills, radiology, research, and computer labs, as well as indoor/outdoor recreation facilities.
2012 : Kent State University acquires OCPM, renaming it once again, to its official title, the Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine (KSUCPM)
2016 : The Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine celebrates its 100th year!