Dr. Connors is an Assistant Professor in the Division of Foot & Ankle Surgery and Biomechanics at the Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine (KSUCPM). Before earning his Bachelor Degree in Human Biology from The Ohio State University, Dr. Connors served in the United States Navy as an Aviation Warfare Specialist, and was Petty Officer 2nd Class from 1997-2001. While in the Navy, he earned a Sea Service Deployment Ribbon, an Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, Good Conduct Medal, and the Admiral's Flag Letter of Commendation. Following the completion of his Doctor of Podiatric Medicine from the Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, Dr. Connors was the recipient of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons Scientific Grant (2013), as well as the Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine Foundation Grant (2015).
Dr. Connors has an extensive background in research over a wide range of topics, including Radiology, Genetics, the Use of Intermittent Pneumatic Compression Pump on the Healing of Chronic Wounds in PAD, Cheilectomy for Long-Term Treatment of Hallux Rigidus, Radiofrequency Ablation, and more. He has demonstrated a vast range of leadership experience by acting in the following roles:
- Northern Ohio Foot and Ankle Foundation Journal Editor, Cleveland Clinic Foundation/ Mercy Health Podiatric Residency
- Residency Research Coordination, Cleveland Clinic Foundation/ Mercy Health Podiatric Residency
- Evidence Based Medicine Coordinator, Cleveland Clinic Foundation/ Mercy Health Podiatric Residency
- Petty Officer 2nd Class, United States Navy, USS Harry S Truman CVN-75
Throughout his career, Dr. Connors has also partaken in much community service, including the Men's Minority Health Fair for the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Mentoring for Big Brother of Columbus, Ohio, and acting as a continued blood donor for the American Red Cross.
Dr. Connors' certifications include the following:
- American Board of Foot & Ankle Surgery - Board Qualified in Foot Surgery (2016)
- American Academy of Foot & Ankle Osteosynthesis Advanced (2014)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support, American Heart Association (2010-2014)
- National Board of Podiatric Medical Examiners Part III (2013)
- National Board of Podiatric Medical Examiners Part II (2012)
- National Board of Podiatric Medical Examiners Part I (2010)