Nutrition and Dietetics Accreditation
Kent State University’s Nutrition and Dietetics program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) through Dec. 31, 2023.
ACEND is an accrediting agency for programs that prepare students for careers in nutrition and dietetics. Here at Kent State, ACEND accredits the Didactic Program in Dietetics (undergraduate program) and the Dietetic Internship (graduate program) on a seven-year cycle.
ACEND's accreditation standards became effective June 2017. The Accreditation Standards for Nutrition and Dietetics Coordinated Programs is the detailed standard set for Kent's undergraduate program. The Accreditation Standards for Nutrition and Dietetics Internship Programs is the detailed standard set for Kent's graduate program.
2017 Accreditation Standards
- Program Characteristics and Resources
- Program Mission, Goals and Objectives
- Program Evaluation and Improvement
- Curriculum and Learning Activities
- Student Learning Outcomes Assessment and Curriculum Improvement
- Faculty and Preceptors
- Supervised Practice/Experiential Learning Sites
- Information to Prospective Students and the Public
- Policies and Procedures