What paperwork do students need to bring to their thesis and dissertation orals?
- For thesis orals, students should bring the Report of Thesis Final Examination form to their orals. They should complete the top half prior to their orals. (Form is available at: https://www.kent.edu/psychology_new/report-thesis-final-examination)
- For their dissertation orals, students should bring the Report of Dissertation Final Examination form to their orals. They should complete the top half prior to their orals. (Form is available at: https://www.kent.edu/psychology_new/report-dissertation-final-examination)
- For their dissertation orals, students also should bring their signature pages to their orals. (Sample signature pages are available in the Style Guide at: https://www.kent.edu/cas/graduate-forms).
- Once committee members have signed the Report of Thesis Final Examination or Report of Dissertation Final Examination forms, they should be returned to the Graduate Secretary, who obtains the Graduate Coordinator's and Chair's signatures, places a copy of the form in the student's file and forwards it to the College.
- Two matters of etiquette:
- It is the student's responsibility to bring these forms to his/her orals and obtain the signatures. It is not appropriate to ask staff to circulate the forms for signatures.
- It is the faculty advisor's responsibility to request a Graduate Representative to their student's dissertation committee. The college asks that these requests be made 30 days in advance.