Computer Labs & Classroom Technology
Kent State University at Trumbull provides students with computer technology access with computer labs that are open to all students during normal hours of operation.
Computers are Windows-based PCs and are equipped with Internet access, Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader, and other university sanctioned software.
All computer labs also contain printers. Printing is available to all students at .07 cents per page for black and white and .14 for color. The only payment accepted for print jobs is via a valid FLASHCard.
Classes, and other university supported events, are given priority for computer lab use. Posed schedules will indicate when a computer lab is available for general use. Lab schedules are posted outside each room for that particular lab, with full campus schedules posted outside Room 122 in the Classroom Building, and on the second floor of the Technology Building.
No food or beverage is allowed in any computer lab.
Computer Lab Locations:
Summer Hours Monday - Thursday 8am - 8pm and Friday 8am - 5pm.
- Classroom Building: 112, 116, 125, 127 and 142
- Library has one lab and 12 computers in the “Internet Café.”
- Technology Building: 216, 218, 252, 258
Computer lab PCs require all students to login using their FlashLine username and password.
If you have not changed your password from the default given to you at registration, you will NOT be able to log into the computers, you MUST change your password prior to trying to access the campus computer system.
Kent State at Trumbull provides self-service kiosks for students to change their own password, which are found at the following locations:
- Computer Center (Room 122, Classroom Building)
- Lower Commons (between Kent State Cafe and Student Union, Classroom Building)
- Library (left of entrance)
- Student Services (lobby, right of entrance)
- Technology Building (Second floor lounge)
In order to change your password, you must know your default password. Your default password is fashioned in the following format:
- mmm = first three letters of the birth month (all lowercase)
- yy = last two digits of the birth year
- xxxxx = last five digits of the Kent State ID Number (formerly, Banner ID)
Please note, if you do not log into your FlashLine account at once every 18 months, your account will become disabled.
Call the Helpdesk at 330-672-4357 for assistance activating your account.