Elevator and Escalator Services
ELEVATOR AND ESCALATOR SERVICES
Elevator and escalator malfunctions occurring at any time must be reported to University Facilities Management by calling: 330-672-2345. Any questions regarding the following procedures should be directed to University Facilities Management.
Whenever smoke or fire is detected in or near an elevator, immediately call 9-1-1!
When reporting an elevator problem, it is essential that as much information as possible is given to save time in locating the problem:
• Name of person making the call. Anonymous phone calls will not be acted upon.
• Name of the building where the elevator is located.
• Location of the car. Provide floor number or floor numbers the car is in between.
• If there is more than one car, which one is not operating?
• Provide any other pertinent information.
The person receiving the call will notify University Facilities Management’s maintenance personnel to check the elevator for malfunctions or vandalism. If the maintenance staff cannot correct the elevator problem, the elevator service contractor will be notified of the malfunction.
When people are trapped in an elevator:
• Call Police Services at: 330-672-2212.
• Do not attempt to rescue occupants.
• If it is possible to communicate with occupants, advise them that first responders have been notified and to await their arrival.