Scheduling of Non-Academic Functions
SCHEDULING OF NON-ACADEMIC FUNCTIONS
UNIVERSITY EVENTS AND CONFERENCE SERVICES
The University Events and Conference Services office facilitates and coordinates services and event facilities on the Kent State University Kent Campus for non-academic events. The University Events and Conference Services office is also responsible for maintaining a calendar of non-academic events for the entire university. The University Events and Conference Services office will accept requests to schedule facilities for other than authorized instruction, and will coordinate the use of the facility with the appropriate Building Curator. (Reference: University Policy Register, Chapter 5-12.402).
The following service providers are notified when events are properly scheduled:
• Police Services – to unlock and secure a building;
• Custodial Services – to clean before/after an event;
• Building Automation and Control Center – to adjust heating/air conditioning units;
• Audio Visual Services – for equipment requests;
• Parking Services – as needed;
• Banquet Sales – as needed;
• Fire and Safety – as needed; and
• Special Information – such as interior door keys, elevators, and lighting.
The University Events and Conference Services office can also assist in a number of other ways. Please do not hesitate to contact this office for any questions regarding these items:
• Table use;
• Facility rental waivers;
• Off-campus vendors; or
• Special classroom needs from instructors i.e., speakers, special exams.