Update Online Directory Departmental Listings
There are two types of department listings, official and unofficial. Official names are maintained by the Controller's Office and are the official names in Banner. Unofficial department listings may be changed by a designated person in your department. To get access, please email Lin Danes.
The unofficial directory will list more specified departments within the official department listing.
These are accessed from the Full Department Listings button.
Example: Accounts Payable is not an official department title; it is a department within the Controller’s office. You will find both Accounts Payable and the Controller’s office listed in the unofficial department listing.
After receiving permissions, follow these instructions to update the information in an unofficial department listing.
- Log in to FlashLine
- Click on the phone icon in the top blue bar if you are using the default settings (masthead area) of the page; it will be a black bar if you have selected the dark mode view
- You will be taken to a screen that shows a Department Directory Update button at the bottom
- Click the Department Directory Update button
- You will be taken to a screen that shows a list of departments you have access to edit, click the respective link
- You will be taken to a screen with the department's name and fields to which you can make needed corrections, updates, add and subtract sub departments etc.
- Submit the changes
The drop-down arrow will list the official department names as they appear in the Banner database based on org codes. These names are maintained by the Controller’s office.