Business Learning Community (BLC)
The Business Learning Community (BLC) is a first-year living learning community that integrates academic, social and career development opportunities that support first-year students’ as they transition to college life at Kent State University. The program has been designed to ease the transition into university life, enhance student academic performance, provide networking opportunities and improve the overall student experience.
The BLC is open to any first-year student pursuing a business degree. Students who wish to participate in the community and live on campus will select to live in Dunbar Hall, the home of the Business Learning Community. Students planning to commute to campus are welcome to participate. As the business student residence hall on campus, Dunbar Hall provides many community features for business majors. Students will be surrounded by a group of peers who share a passion for business, leadership, entrepreneurship, and academic excellence.
- Opportunity to live with other business majors who are taking similar coursework
- On-site business academic advising
- Easy access to in-hall programs and events
- Peer mentoring with business students
- Tutoring and study skills assistance (sponsored by the Academic Success Center)
- Centralized campus location
In addition to the built-in community features of the BLC, many in-hall programs and events are offered throughout the academic year that all BLC students are invited and encouraged to attend. The programs and events are designed to help students achieve academic and personal success. Examples of BLC events include:
- Welcome Events
- Peer Mentor Themed Events
- Freshman Advising Programs
- Career Exploration Programs
- Stress Less Programs
- And more!
- Complete the BLC online application form.
- If you are living on campus, select Dunbar Hall and the Business Learning Community (BLC) on your housing application.
We would love to hear from you!
Undergraduate Programs Office
107 Business Administration Building