How do I connect with my advisor for my appointment?
- Check your Kent State email 48 hours before your DKS advising date for a message with the details for your appointment. The email will include the Microsoft Teams meeting link.
- To join the meeting select the purple “Click here to join meeting” link at the time of your appointment. We recommend you download the Microsoft Teams app before joining your appointment as you will experiences less technical issues. You will continue to use the application as a KSU student. Use your Flashline username and email to access the Microsoft Teams. For technical issues, please contact the 24/7 Tech Help line at 330-672-4357.
- If you do not have reliable access to the internet, you may use a phone to call in to the appointment. Instructions are provided.
What should I complete before attending my appointment?
- Complete the entire Pre-Advising Questionnaire. We recommend you complete the survey at least 48 hours prior to your appointment, but a minimum of 24 hours is required. This survey provides your advisor with critical information to help them prepare for your appointment such as your Kent Core selections and prior college credit.
- Take the ALEKS Math placement test.
- Download the Microsoft Teams app before your DKS Advising appointment. Joining through the application will cause you to experience less technical issues during your appointment. For technical issues, please contact the 24/7 Tech Help line at 330-672-4357.
- Complete the ALEKS Math placement test prior to meeting with your academic advisor during DKS.
- Completing a foreign language placement test is recommended if you have studied a foreign language in the past. Foreign language courses are not required for a business degree. However, the international business minor, as well as some other programs across the University, do require foreign language courses. Speak to your advisor if you have question.
What if I cannot find the appointment email?
- Email Tiffany Mostov, business DKS coordinator.
What if I cannot attend at the scheduled time of my appointment?
- Email Tiffany Mostov, business DKS coordinator or reply to the person who sent you the details of your DKS advising appointment.
What if my family member wants to attend the appointment?
- Ideally, appointments are one-on-one meetings between the student and the advisor. The appointment is a time for you to share your interests and goals, while also building a relationship with an academic advisor. If you feel you need the support, your guests may attend with your permission. However, please note that your academic records and test scores will be discussed in the meeting.
What if I am a student athlete?
- Connect with your athletic academic advisor before your appointment. You are required to meet with a business academic advisor in addition to your athletic advisor during DKS and each semester to discuss your major requirements and resources available to business majors.
What if I am a Honors Student?
- The Honors College will pre-register you for your honors courses prior to meeting with your business advisor. If you have questions about your honors classes, contact your honors advisor. If your bring questions related to honors coursework to your DKS appointment, your business advisor will connect with an honors advisor to assist you with your questions.