Radiologic Technology (A.A.S.)
This nationally accredited associate degree program teaches students how to perform medical imaging procedures. Medical imaging is a branch of health care delivery that utilizes x-rays and other energy forms to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions.
Through a blend of classroom education at the university and clinical education at a hospital, students learn radiographic equipment operation, patient positioning and procedures, radiation safety and methods of patient care.
Graduates may also choose to gain additional education in other areas of medical imaging to become multi-skilled practitioners. The Salem Campus also offers a Bachelor of Radiologic and Imaging Sciences Technology (BRIT) degree that offers concentrations in Computed Tomography (CT), Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Radiation Therapy (RTH).
Applications to Radiologic Technology are now closed.
Due to the COVID pandemic, some hospitals have suspended job shadowing. Please refer to the Radiologic Technology Information Packet for more information on those sites permitting it.
This Program Is Right For You If
- You like to care for people.
- You are looking for a field that is rewarding, challenging, full of opportunities, and well-paying.
- You completed a strong foundation of science and mathematics courses in high school.
This Program Will Teach You To
- Utilize critical thinking and problem-solving skills effectively in the practice of radiologic technology.
- Communicate effectively in oral and written form with patients families and members of the health care team.
- Perform radiographic procedures successfully and consistent with entry-level requirements of a registered radiologic technologist.
- Determine the value of professional growth and development and to conduct themselves in a professional manner.
How to Apply to Radiologic Technology
The associate degree radiology program has a two-step application process:
- Apply online to Kent State University. Select the Salem campus and choose the Radiologic Technology major.
- Complete the Radiologic Technology Application ONLINE: The ONLINE application form for the KSU Salem radiologic technology program is available for submission from November 1, 2022 to February 1, 2023.
Applications for 2023 will open Nov. 1, 2022
Note: Admission into the professional radiologic technology sequence is highly competitive and is not guaranteed.