The Podiatry Foundation & Northeast Ohio Academy of Podiatric Medicine Award $6,000 to KSUCPM Students
This Spring, the Northeast Ohio Academy of Podiatric Medicine (NEOAPM) announced a new scholarship specifically designed to recognize outstanding students who have a connection to Ohio. The NEOAPM is one of eight academies within the state that in-part make up the Ohio Foot & Ankle Medical Association (OHFAMA). Members of the NEOAPM include DPMs who reside and/or practice in Northeast Ohio. Many of the physicians are graduates of CPM, or OCPM, and are eager to give back to students.
This year's scholarships, totaling $6,000 sponsored by a grant from The Podiatry Foundation, were awarded to three oustanding CPM students that met the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as a M-II, M-III, or M-IV student at CPM
- Students must have a history in Ohio (they must have attended an Ohio high school or College/University)
- Should have the intention of practicing in Northeast Ohio after completing their residency program
- Currently enrolled at CPM when funds are distributed
- Be active in CPM sanctioned activities
- Be active in research and scholarly activities
- Be active in additional extracurricular activities
- GPA of at least 3.0
- Fourth year students are to have accepted at least one clerkship for an Ohio-based residency program
Congratulations to this year's recipients: Trenton Leo, M-IV; Sydney Miggantz, M-III; and Neil Bernard, M-II! CPM wishes to thank the Podiatry Foundation and the NEOAPM for their commitment to the growth and success of CPM students year after year!